Here is what some of our recent majors have gone on to do:
- A.J. Jeck (B.A. 2016) is going to medical school at the University of Kentucky (and had also been accepted into the medical school at the University of Louisville).
- John Charles Leabo (B.A. 2014) is pursuing a degree in law at the University of Kentucky College of Law, with scholarship support from the UK College of Law.
- Andrea Renee Dyehouse (B.I.S. in Religion 2014) will serve temporarily as an English teaching assistant in Dijon, France. (The B.I.S. is the Bachelor's Degree in Independent Studies.)
- Zachary Morrison (B.A. 2013) will be working as a consultant for Sigma Nu Inc. in Lexington, VA.
- Billy Avery (B.A. 2011) is pursuing a law degree at the Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville
- Rebecca Jones (B.A. 2011) went on to pursue an M.A. in International Peace and Conflict Resolution at American University in Washington, D.C.
- Steven Burdette (B.A. 2010) is pursuing an M.A. in Bioethics and Medical Humanities at the University of Louisville
- Dana Fritz (B.A. 2010) went on to earn an M.A. in Humanities at the University of Chicago, and is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in philosophy at Marquette University.
- C. Steve Kilburn (B.A. 2010) went on to earn a law degree at the University of Dayton School of Law (Class of 2013)
- Alexandra Scarborough (B.A. 2009) went on to earn an MA in philosophy at the University of Toledo (class of 2011)
- Jon Croley (B.A. 2008) completed a Masters in Public Administration, EKU; currently working for Lexington Fayette Urban County Government
- Samantha Engstrom (B.A. 2008) is currently working for the Kentucky Department of Education in Frankfort
- Jonathan Boyd (B.A. 2007) went on to study public policy at Georgia State University (Class of 2012)
- Seth Bowen (B.A. 2007) went on to pursue a law degree at The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (Class of 2013)
- Craig Marion (B.A. 2007) went on to enroll in the MA in Sociology Program at Western Kentucky University (Class of 2012)
Recent Student Presentations:
- Dana Fritz, "Angst, Shame, Knowledge," presented at: 10th Annual Steven Humphrey Student Philosophy Colloquium, at the University of Louisville (November 2010) & 5th Annual Undergraduate Philosophy Conference at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (October 2010) (video)
- Steven Jeff Burdette, "Scrutinizing Scruton: Is Film an Art Form?" Third Annual Southeast Philosophy Congress, Clayton State University, Morrow, GA (February 2010)
- Dana Fritz, "The Heat Is On: Dante’s Inferno vs. Tolstoy’s Expressionism," Third Annual Southeast Philosophy Congress, Clayton State University, Morrow, GA (February 2010)
Honors & Awards:
- John Charles Leabo, inducted into Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society (2013)
- Micah Wyatt, inducted into Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society (2013)
Students: we want to recognize your intellectual, creative, and professional accomplishments! If you have news you'd like to share (about presentations, grad school admissions, internships or jobs related to your degree), please contact the department to share your stories.