Scholarships & Awards
New Major Scholarship: $100 upon declaring a philosophy major and enrolling in at least 6 hours of philosophy courses.
Philosophy BA Progress Scholarship 1: $150 for completing 18 hours of PHI classes, with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in PHI courses.
Philosophy BA Progress Scholarship 2: $200 for completing 30 hours of PHI classes, with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in PHI courses.
The Bond Harris Memorial Scholarship (amount varies, $500-$1000). Requirements:
- the applicant must be a full-time student in the philosophy department and not be enrolled in the Honors program;
- the applicant must be at least a junior in earned credit hours;
- the applicant must have a GPA of at least 2.5;
- preference will be given to students who qualify for financial assistance;
- and the scholarship is renewable
The Philosophy and Religious Studies program awards the Robert B. Miller Best Philosophy Thesis each year to the best senior thesis by a student pursuing a B.A. in Philosophy. Eligible theses are judged by a panel of faculty. The award includes $100 and commemoration on the Robert B. Miller Best Philosophy Thesis plaque.
For more information about scholarships or awards, contact the chair of the Department of History, Philosophy, and Religious Studies.